Definition of jacksnipe in English:
1A small dark Eurasian snipe.
- Lymnocryptes minima, family Scolopacidae
- Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.
- Smallest of snipes, the jack snipe has been declining in Norfolk in recent years.
- A jack snipe, a rare wading bird, has been seen.
1.1North American Any wader similar to the Eurasian jacksnipe, e.g., the pectoral sandpiper or the common snipe.
- Jack Snipe are probably regular in winter, where Spotted Crake has been recorded three times.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.