- A rope, bar, or batten placed along a ship’s yard to bend the head of a square sail to.More example sentences
- All participating personnel were transferred to/from their respective ships, via light jackstay, RHIB or the Tobruk's embarked Sea King and Lynx helicopters.
- Fuel transfer is accomplished by suspending a hose from a tensioned cable, the jackstay, which runs from RFA Fort Victoria to the receiving warship.
- They conducted a comprehensive tour of the warship before observing the process of a light jackstay conducted with ANZAC.
More definitions of jackstayDefinition of jackstay in:
- The British & World English dictionary