- A coarse dark brown sugar made in India by evaporation of the sap of palm trees.More example sentences
- Add the tomato purée, jaggery, chilli and garam masala powders and water if required.
- Chilled banana cream with jaggery Jaggery, which is fermented palm sugar, is fabulous stuff.
- When jaggery is dissolved, add lime juice and pears.
late 16th century: from Portuguese xagara, jag(a)ra, from Malayalam cakkarā, from Sanskrit śarkarā 'sugar'.
More definitions of jaggeryDefinition of jaggery in:
- The British & World English dictionary