Definition of jailbreak in English:
An escape from jail.
- On May 28th, the Fairfax County jail experienced its first jailbreak.
- There had been a jailbreak from Alcatraz, the white dots were police boats, and someone was shooting at someone else, shots obviously fired in anger.
- There have been similar jailbreaks from military detention in the past.
verb[with object] Computing Back to top
Modify (a smartphone or other electronic device) to remove restrictions imposed by the manufacturer or operator, e.g. to allow the installation of unauthorized software: in order to use these programs, iPhone owners have to jailbreak their device
More example sentences
- Everything will work fine, but unfortunately your phone will be stuck in restore mode until you jailbreak it, which is what we're doing next.
- If you have 1.1.1, you'll have to jailbreak first, then transfer it on manually.
- I still have an old iPod touch that I jailbreak for testing purposes.
Words that rhyme with jailbreakcanebrake • windbreak
Definition of jailbreak in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan