- A Cajun dish of rice with shrimp, chicken, and vegetables.More example sentences
- Last year I was in New Orleans and had plenty of gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish étouffée.
- Now, instead of serving pita pockets or turkey sandwiches at lunch, the students are treated to roast beef with caramelized onions on a baguette or shrimp jambalaya with jalapeño cornbread.
- In a traditional jambalaya, chicken, sausage, ham, and chopped vegetables are cooked and added with seasonings and liquid to an iron pot full of rice.
Louisiana French, from Provençal jambalaia.
More definitions of jambalayaDefinition of jambalaya in:
- The British & World English dictionary