- 1 another term for common camellia (see camellia).More example sentences
- Hundred year old specimens of Camellia japonica regularly top 20 or 30 feet in height in favoured Cornish gardens.
- Acidic, basic and neutral methanol extract fractions of Camellia japonica inhibited the growth of food borne pathogens in microbiological media and food6.
- 2 another term for flowering quince.
early 19th century: modern Latin, feminine of japonicus 'Japanese'.
More definitions of japonicaDefinition of japonica in:
- The British & World English dictionary