- Any of various plants or shrubs of the genus Jatropha (family Euphorbiaceae), one species of which (Jatropha curcas) produces seeds that are used in the production of biodiesel.More example sentences
- Over 11.85 lakh hectares, roughly 20 per cent of the wasteland in Madhya Pradesh, has been acquired for jatropha cultivation.
- Most of the windmill units have started planting jatropha with drip irrigation facility.
- He said tobacco farmers could explore the cultivation of the jatropha plant, whose seed contains edible oil.
mid 18th century: modern Latin (genus name), from Greek iatros 'physician' + trophē 'nourishment'.
More definitions of jatrophaDefinition of jatropha in:
- The British & World English dictionary