- 1 • informal A word that is very long or hard to pronounce.More example sentences
- Not only is this jawbreaker incredibly long and weird looking, it has many parts-of-speech in one word!
- 2chiefly North American ( • trademark in the UK) A large, hard, spherical candy.More example sentences
- If you don't know what jawbreakers are, let us enlighten you. These hard, round, ball-shaped candies are often mistaken for gumballs. Trouble is, they are so hard to bite into that you risk "breaking your jaw".
- Our delicious long-lasting jawbreakers have been a favorite for years. These 1 diameter colorful jawbreakers are sure to last you quite a while.
- Oak Leaf manufactures ball gum, chunk gum, chicle gum, pressed candy and jawbreakers.
More definitions of jawbreakerDefinition of jawbreaker in:
- The British & World English dictionary