- But his plans are put in jeopardy when he meets an equally competitive female player.
- In jeopardy are the achievements of a quarter of a century of dogged work to establish a strong, peaceful British Muslim community.
- The allegations have put her career and her five medals from the 2000 games in jeopardy.
- Any unfair jeopardy to the Claimant should be dealt with if it arises.
- The certificate further describes the jeopardy that could arise from disclosure.
- Under the circumstances, he would have placed himself in serious legal jeopardy, however he answered the question.
Middle English iuparti, from Old French ieu parti '(evenly) divided game'. The term was originally used in chess and other games to denote a problem, or a position in which the chances of winning or losing were evenly balanced, hence 'a dangerous situation'.