Definition of jet ski in English:
A small, jet-propelled vehicle that skims across the surface of water and typically is ridden like a motorcycle.
- We continued to try and get Brendan out of the water and onto the jet ski to get him back to the boat ramp, but he continued to slip.
- Both representatives attended the Pattaya Marathon 2003 and took some time off to ride on a jet ski with the mayor.
- The adrenaline junkie donned a parachute, laid his hands on a high-powered jet ski and prepared to ride it off Niagara Falls.
verb(jet-ski) [no object] (often as noun jet-skiing) Back to top
Ride on a jet ski.
- Lara jet-skis, horseback rides and motorcycles her way through Hong Kong, Kenya, Wales, Greece and Africa.
- So they said goodbye after breakfast and parasailed, kneeboarded and jet-skied before coming back desperate for supper and bed.
- Some people on vacation jet-ski their way into broken legs.
- Example sentences
- The Blue Lagoon is on private land and is used, with permission of the owner, by jet-skiers and scuba divers.
- The other incident involved a jet-skier who had got into difficulties and we would urge people to take extra care when using these machines.
- His body was recovered last Saturday by police divers 200 metres upstream from Clifton Bridge, after it was spotted by a passing jet-skier.
Definition of jet ski in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan