Definition of jewfish in English:
noun (plural same or jewfishes)
A large sporting or food fish of warm coastal waters.
- ● A fish of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America (Epinephelus itajara, family Serranidae). ● A fish of the Indo-Pacific (family Sciaenidae: several species), in particular the mulloway.
- It is guarded by a large resident moray eel and jewfish.
- How can you choose between the ocean trout, jewfish, gemfish, barramundi, blue eye and flathead on the menu?
- Across the cave, the jewfish is being cleaned by some minute gobies.
Definition of jewfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan