Definition of jewfish in English:
noun (plural same or jewfishes)
A large sporting or food fish of warm coastal waters.
- ● A fish of the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America (Epinephelus itajara, family Serranidae). ● A fish of the Indo-Pacific (family Sciaenidae: several species), in particular the mulloway.
- It is guarded by a large resident moray eel and jewfish.
- How can you choose between the ocean trout, jewfish, gemfish, barramundi, blue eye and flathead on the menu?
- Across the cave, the jewfish is being cleaned by some minute gobies.
Definition of jewfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.