noun• informal , chiefly British
- Deceitful or dishonest behavior.More example sentences
- But this bit of scientific jiggery-pokery leaves my mind in an even more boggled state than usual.
- However, they only managed to conjure this up by jiggery-pokery.
- Why does that require ‘work’, unless there's some jiggery-pokery going on to ensure that the chart doesn't actually reflect the real numbers?
late 19th century: probably a variant of Scots joukery-pawkery, from jouk 'dodge, skulk', of unknown origin.
More definitions of jiggery-pokeryDefinition of jiggery-pokery in:
- The British & World English dictionary