Definition of jimmies in English:
1Tiny multicolored sugar shapes, typically rods and balls, used for decorating cakes, ice cream, and other desserts; sprinkles.
- Set against an eye-popping green background is an arrangement of vivid candies and pink ice-cream cones with multicolored jimmies.
- I also felt that way about a burger, saltwater taffy, caramel corn, three slices of pizza, vanilla custard with rainbow jimmies and a cupcake.
- Some things that you can place on your cookies before baking are: colored sugars or natural sugars such as pearl sugar jimmies, non-pareils, silver and gold dragées, and other sprinkles raisins and dried fruits such as cranberries.
1.1(Especially in the US Northeast) chocolate rod-shaped sprinkles.
- Inspect Mr. Softee trucks for cross-pollination of rainbow and chocolate jimmies.
- Where others see mounds of ice cream topped by whipped cream and chocolate jimmies, I see myself flossing hunks of corn and pepper out of my teeth!
- It's basically chocolate sprinkles (or "jimmies") except that you're supposed to eat 'em on bread.
Definition of jimmies in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.