- A company whose stock is owned jointly by the shareholders.More example sentences
- The investor in the future large complex will be a joint-stock company in which well-known business people will participate.
- This was mainly based around the activities of the East India Company, a large joint-stock company based in London.
- He said Xinhua Bookstore intends to restructure itself into a joint-stock company.
More definitions of joint-stock companyDefinition of joint-stock company in:
- The British & World English dictionary