- An itinerant minstrel.More example sentences
- Fo had developed the play - a series of episodes in the manner of Mystery Plays - over 15 to 20 years when researching the life of jongleurs, itinerant street entertainers.
- Francofolies, he is called, this special time when minstrels and jongleurs assemble to share their dreams and secrets in the tongue of Moliere.
- Just how important minstrels and jongleurs were once can be seen by studying the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
French, variant of jougleur 'juggler', earlier jogleor 'pleasant, smiling', from Latin joculator 'joker'.
More definitions of jongleurDefinition of jongleur in:
- The British & World English dictionary