Definition of journalism in English:
1The activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast.
- This kind of racism pervades newspaper and broadcast journalism in EU countries.
- The defendant newspaper commends reliance upon the ethics of professional journalism.
- Many trainees work on student newspapers or hospital radio before embarking on a career in journalism.
1.1The product of the activity of journalism: an art critic whose essays and journalism are never dull
More example sentences
- He was also one of the few academics who could produce journalism better than most journalists.
- One warning - many of the essays are written as journalism and follow a formula that gets a bit tiring.
- Yet despite her desire to write more fiction, her investigative journalism continues apace.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.