Definition of joyful in English:
Feeling, expressing, or causing great pleasure and happiness: joyful music
More example sentences
- It helps to live a happy life and also make other people's life happy and joyful.
- It left us both joyful and speechless, happy to be home again but sad that this great trip was over.
- Maybe it's seen as a way of provoking a joyful feeling of brightness and wellbeing.
cheerful, happy, jolly, merry, sunny, joyous, lighthearted, in good spirits, bubbly, exuberant, ebullient, cheery, smiling, mirthful, radiant;
jubilant, overjoyed, thrilled, ecstatic, euphoric, blissful, on cloud nine, elated, delighted, gleeful;
jovial, genial, good-humored
pleasing, happy, good, cheering, gladdening, welcome, heartwarming
- Example sentences
- But after seven months in which my wife and I spent every hour together, it is so hard for me to get by without her joyfulness.
- He makes sure the feasting and dancing and joyfulness continue.
- The children that are part of the cast as the fairies add to the joyfulness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.