Definition of jubilant in English:
Feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph.
- Mark Williams was jubilant after his title triumph ended his 26-month wait for a tournament win on home soil.
- The Sligo fans were definitely jubilant and dozens of camera phones captured the moment but that's as far as it went.
- After the game the jubilant fans carried on celebrating, filling the pubs and painting the Welsh capital blue and white.
- Example sentences
- Just look at the delirious jubilance in York on Monday night after England scraped a 1-0 win over a woeful Germany.
- Eventually he explains that there is a golf competition on and our persistent jubilance is ruining it for every one.
- Her smile was slight, one more of peace than jubilance.
Words that rhyme with jubilantsealant • sibilant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan