Definition of jubilant in English:
Feeling or expressing great happiness and triumph.
- Mark Williams was jubilant after his title triumph ended his 26-month wait for a tournament win on home soil.
- The Sligo fans were definitely jubilant and dozens of camera phones captured the moment but that's as far as it went.
- After the game the jubilant fans carried on celebrating, filling the pubs and painting the Welsh capital blue and white.
- Example sentences
- Just look at the delirious jubilance in York on Monday night after England scraped a 1-0 win over a woeful Germany.
- Eventually he explains that there is a golf competition on and our persistent jubilance is ruining it for every one.
- Her smile was slight, one more of peace than jubilance.
Words that rhyme with jubilantsealant • sibilant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.