Definition of judicature in English:
1The administration of justice.
- Well, the State is part of the Commonwealth judicature and we are the top of the national judicature.
- It is all part and parcel, it seems, of the slow pace of the hearing of proceedings in the federal judicature of this country.
- The notion that a perverse finding of fact does not reveal an error of law in a court of law of our judicature is one I will never accept never, ever.
1.1 (the judicature) Judges collectively; the judiciary.
- That is true, but the Supreme Court of Queensland is part of the judicature of the Commonwealth, and the days when the Supreme Courts and the other courts were held out of constitutional decision-making have gone.
- This is an intervention by legislation in proceedings that have already been instituted and were before the judicature where a person was in criminal proceedings seeking to defend an initial decision.
Words that rhyme with judicaturecandidature • ligature
Definition of judicature in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.