- 1 Anatomy Of or relating to the zygoma (the bony arch of the cheek).More example sentences
- The depression is the scar marking the overlap of the jugal process of the zygomatic arch on to the maxilla, as in therian mammals generally.
- The right zygomatic arch was fractured at the junction of the jugal and squamosal bones.
- Across the jaw line, the surangular faces the quadratojugal and/or the jugal bones of the cheek region.
late 16th century: from Latin jugalis, from jugum 'yoke'.
More definitions of jugalDefinition of jugal in:
- The British & World English dictionary