Definition of julienne in English:
- Today's dish is a baked trout with a mussel based sauce and a julienne of vegetables.
- Put whole potatoes into this exclusive automatic conveyor, and make hundreds of julienne fries in seconds.
- My companion wanted pork and took the waiter's advice on the spicy pork julienne.
verb[with object] Back to top
- I pondered whether to fritter away £1.65 on one those gizmos that juliennes carrots.
- On a recently aired episode, after instructing a volunteer to julienne some vegetables, Flay jeers at her inferior knife-work, inciting the rest of the room to laugh at her expense.
- Some shred the beetroot, some julienne it, and some cube it, while modernists whiz it in a food processor.
early 18th century (originally as an adjective designating soup made of chopped vegetables, especially carrots): French, from the male given names Jules or Julien, of obscure development.
Definition of julienne in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.