nounchiefly North American
- An extra seat, especially in a car or taxicab, that folds back when not in use.More example sentences
- During these training sorties, the instructor sits in the modified jump seat between the pilot's and copilot's seats, and the student occupies the copilot's seat.
- He returns to his seat and I take the jump seat in the cockpit.
- Are we to believe that Frank just hopped on a cockpit jump seat for his free ride with all the pilots in the airport having been warned to be on the lookout for a man fitting just his description?
More definitions of jump seatDefinition of jump seat in:
- The British & World English dictionary