- 1North American A collarless sleeveless dress, typically worn over a blouse.More example sentences
- I am in a red jumper, white blouse and tights and black Mary Janes with a small scuff on the left toe.
- The plump and harried mother, dressed in a denim jumper, drives a battered Econo-Van with numerous dents.
- She wore a tattered denim jumper and a white shirt that matched the spotted peeling wallpaper, and she knew nothing of wealth.
- 2British A sweater.More example sentences
- Many of the male models modelling knitwear were wearing strong coloured jumpers with nasty white or beige pleated trousers.
- The other was around 5ft 6ins and had on a dark hooded jumper.
- The suspect is described as white, aged 18, 5ft 8ins, of large build, wearing a grey hooded jumper.
- 1A person or animal that jumps.More example sentences
- Is the flea the greatest jumper in the animal world, or a skittering frog one of the hot contenders for the swimming title?
- We now love jumping and he's an amazing jumper, galloping and hacking.
- He tells us that the horse is a natural jumper.
- 2 (also jumper wire) A short wire used to complete an electric circuit or bypass a break in a circuit.More example sentences
- I read it wrong and placed the jumper wire in the E and F leads.
- Any problems with the coaxial cable, connectors, jumpers, or the antenna will show up as an abnormality on the display.
- It is software-configurable with no jumpers, and a 12V control switch is provided for flash memory programming.
- 3 Basketball another term for jump shot.