Definition of jumping mouse in English:
A mouselike rodent that has long back feet and typically moves in short hops, found in North America and China.
- Family Zapodidae: three genera, in particular Zapus, and several species
- He chided his friend: ‘I am afraid the broad shadows of the Elk, Buffalo, and big-horn hid all the little marmots, squirrels, jumping mice, rats and shrews.’
- Zapus sandersi is the common jumping mouse through much of the Blancan in Kansas.
- Deer mice and jumping mice were frequently found at both Blacktail and Crystal.
Definition of jumping mouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan