Definition of jumping spider in English:
A large-eyed spider that hunts prey by stalking and pouncing on it.
- Family Salticidae, order Araneae
- Wolf spiders, tarantulas, and jumping spiders are of this sort.
- ‘I'm not ‘into’ spiders and usually leave them alone, but I've seen a few jumping spiders around and it is interesting to see them hunt for insects.‘
- Acutally, even the jumping spiders that posture fiercely on door and window frames are worth watching.
Definition of jumping spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.