Definition of jumping spider in English:
A large-eyed spider that hunts prey by stalking and pouncing on it.
- Family Salticidae, order Araneae
- Wolf spiders, tarantulas, and jumping spiders are of this sort.
- ‘I'm not ‘into’ spiders and usually leave them alone, but I've seen a few jumping spiders around and it is interesting to see them hunt for insects.‘
- Acutally, even the jumping spiders that posture fiercely on door and window frames are worth watching.
Definition of jumping spider in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan