- A garment incorporating trousers and a sleeved top in one piece, worn as a fashion item, protective garment, or uniform.More example sentences
- Among the garments are smart jumpsuits and form-fitting cardigans, loose sweat pants and comfortable singlets, and even party wear such as cropped tops and wraparound skirts.
- Lauren has regularly used band collars, epaulets, braid, pea coats, aviators' jumpsuits, and military tailoring as signs of crisp, effective women's attire.
- Some changed back into their uniform jumpsuits, but most just stayed in their underclothing.
1940s (originally US): so named because it was first used to denote a parachutist's garment.
More definitions of jumpsuitDefinition of jumpsuit in:
- The British & World English dictionary