Definition of jungle cat in English:
A small wildcat that has a yellowish or grayish coat with dark markings on the legs and tail, living in dry forests from Egypt to Southeast Asia.
- Felis chaus, family Felidae
- I also saw a sandy colored cat with long legs and a short tail that I think was a jungle cat.
- If you're going to go after a member of the cat family, please try to make it a jungle cat or some other sort of larger member of the feline family.
- Yes, Carmel told herself, he looks like a young jungle cat, proud and cruel amidst a throng of deer ripe for his taking.
Definition of jungle cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia