Definition of juniper in English:
An evergreen shrub or small tree that bears berrylike cones, widely distributed throughout Eurasia and North America. Many kinds have aromatic cones or foliage.
- Genus Juniperus, family Cupressaceae: many species, including the shrubby common juniper (J. communis), the berries of which are used for flavoring gin
- The sun shone through the trees - red firs, junipers, lodgepole pines, aspens, and mountain hemlocks.
- Conifers come into their own here, as they can withstand the exposure; spruce, fir, junipers and yew dominate the planting.
- Winter birds prefer evergreens like holly and junipers, which provide shelter and food.
Late Middle English: from Latin juniperus.
Words that rhyme with junipergossiper
Definition of juniper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.