Definition of juniper in English:
An evergreen shrub or small tree that bears berrylike cones, widely distributed throughout Eurasia and North America. Many kinds have aromatic cones or foliage.
- Genus Juniperus, family Cupressaceae: many species, including the shrubby common juniper (J. communis), the berries of which are used for flavoring gin
- The sun shone through the trees - red firs, junipers, lodgepole pines, aspens, and mountain hemlocks.
- Conifers come into their own here, as they can withstand the exposure; spruce, fir, junipers and yew dominate the planting.
- Winter birds prefer evergreens like holly and junipers, which provide shelter and food.
late Middle English: from Latin juniperus.
Definition of juniper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan