- 1According to what is morally right or fair; fairly: we deal justly with complaintsMore example sentences
- Only the triumph of nonviolence, secured through just laws justly applied, will bring the terrorists down.
- The wretched uncles were justly punished by being sent to Siberia for life.
- Aristotle said that all virtue is summed up in dealing justly.
- 1.1In a way that is well founded; justifiably: we can justly be proud of our achievementsMore example sentences
- The last scene of the book is justly renowned.
- His advocacy on a wide range of human rights issues is something of which he can be justly proud.
- They are justly proud of the record, which explains why, in a 13-song set, they play all 10 tracks.