- 1(In Hawaii) a wise man or shaman.More example sentences
- Indeed, a self-appointed kahuna, described a kahuna as a spiritual teacher who acts as a bridge between the spiritual and the material world and is also an expert in his field.
- As a kahuna, she decided to prepare a multitude of students to share lomi lomi with the world.
- And King Kalakaua was sent here by his kahuna in 1874 to purge himself before ascending the throne.
- 1.1North American • informal An important person; the person in charge: one big kahuna runs the whole showMore example sentences
- For some reason, some of the big kahunas are distancing themselves from it…
- They put it in this little teeny guy down there and missed the big kahuna,’ the big LAD down the center.
- We're going to be looking at the top banana, the big kahuna, the cream of the crop.
More definitions of kahunaDefinition of kahuna in:
- The British & World English dictionary