Definition of kaka in English:
A large New Zealand parrot with olive-brown and dull green upper parts and reddish underparts.
- Nestor meridionalis, family Psittacidae
- They attack the birds that nest in holes, so a heavy seeding puts birds such as the kaka, parakeet and yellowhead more at risk.
- Also reliant on honeydew are the threatened New Zealand parrots known as kaka.
- Her announcement ended: ‘In these forests the future now belongs to the kereru, the kiwi and the kaka.’
late 18th century: from Maori.
Definition of kaka in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan