Definition of kaka in English:
A large New Zealand parrot with olive-brown and dull green upper parts and reddish underparts.
- Nestor meridionalis, family Psittacidae
- They attack the birds that nest in holes, so a heavy seeding puts birds such as the kaka, parakeet and yellowhead more at risk.
- Also reliant on honeydew are the threatened New Zealand parrots known as kaka.
- Her announcement ended: ‘In these forests the future now belongs to the kereru, the kiwi and the kaka.’
late 18th century: from Maori.
Definition of kaka in:
- British & World English dictionary