- The system of syllabic writing used for Japanese, having two forms, hiragana and katakana. Compare with kanji.More example sentences
- Japanese writing uses Chinese characters and two native syllabic scripts (the kana: hiragana and katakana) derived from them.
- Most texts incorporate both kana and kanji systems.
- Japanese children with reading disabilities often have disproportionately more difficulty reading and writing kanji than kana.
More definitions of kanaDefinition of kana in:
- The British & World English dictionary