- A broad-spectrum antibiotic obtained from a strain of bacteria.More example sentences
- Doses of streptomycin, kanamycin, amikacin, and capreomycin must be adjusted in patients with renal failure because the kidneys excrete essentially all of these drugs.
- Streptomycin, kanamycin, or amikacin also can be used as the fourth drug, when necessary.
- To select for the plasmids (donors or transconjugants), we used kanamycin and chloramphenicol.
mid 20th century: from modern Latin Streptomyces kanamyceticus, the name of the source bacterium (see also -mycin).
More definitions of kanamycinDefinition of kanamycin in:
- The British & World English dictionary