Definition of kangaroo in English:
A large plant-eating marsupial with a long powerful tail and strongly developed hind limbs that enable it to travel by leaping, found only in Australia and New Guinea.
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: several species
- In the wild, its main food supply consists of small wallabies and kangaroos, birds, lizards and probably frogs and crayfish.
- The forelimbs are smaller than the hindlimbs, but the disparity in size is not as great as in kangaroos and wallabies.
- Others later compared it to the sound of a kangaroo, or marsupials such as quolls.
late 18th century: the name of a specific kind of kangaroo in an extinct Aboriginal language of northern Queensland, Australia.
Definition of kangaroo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan