Definition of kangaroo in English:
A large plant-eating marsupial with a long powerful tail and strongly developed hind limbs that enable it to travel by leaping, found only in Australia and New Guinea.
- Genus Macropus, family Macropodidae: several species
- In the wild, its main food supply consists of small wallabies and kangaroos, birds, lizards and probably frogs and crayfish.
- The forelimbs are smaller than the hindlimbs, but the disparity in size is not as great as in kangaroos and wallabies.
- Others later compared it to the sound of a kangaroo, or marsupials such as quolls.
late 18th century: the name of a specific kind of kangaroo in an extinct Aboriginal language of northern Queensland, Australia.
Definition of kangaroo in:
- British & World English dictionary