Definition of Kannada in English:
A Dravidian language related to Telugu and using a similar script. It is spoken by about 24 million people, mainly in Kanara and Karnataka in southwestern India. Also called Kanarese.
- Among Indian readers, the largest number of responses came from readers whose first languages were Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu or Kannada.
- The main languages of the South are: Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Tulu and Malayalam.
- Anand sings bhajans and other devotional songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Kannada and its speakers.
- These were some of the examples quoted by speakers during a debate on marital relations on a Kannada channel on Wednesday on the occasion of Ugadi.
- The ‘big’ cinemas in Majestic, over which the resurgent Kannada film industry fought relentless battles, remained.
- Shivaraj Kumar, eldest son of the Kannada thespian, Rajkumar, took to acting soon after he completed his B. Sc. from Madras University.
The name in Kannada.
Definition of Kannada in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.