Definition of kaoliang in English:
Sorghum of a variety grown in China and used to make dough and alcoholic drinks.
- Sorghum bicolor variety nervosum, family Gramineae
- A liquid fermented product, such as a Taiwan kaoliang wine or a rice wine, is contained in the aging tank.
- As for unsalvageable crops, farmers will be paid NT $11 per kilogram of corn and NT $10.5 for kaoliang.
- Recombinant inbred lines were generated from a cross between SRN39, an African caudatum genotype, and SQR, a Chinese kaoliang line.
early 20th century: from Chinese gāoliang, from gāo 'high' + liáng 'fine grain'.
Definition of kaoliang in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan