Definition of karakul in English:
1A sheep of an Asian breed with a dark, curled fleece when young.
- Astrakhan is produced in Uzbekistan from the karakul lamb.
- Namibia also possesses a rich offshore fishing industry and a karakul fur industry.
- According to the fur industry this foetal karakul lamb fur is from lambs that are prematurely born.
1.1Cloth or fur made from or resembling the fleece of a karakul.
- As the report reminds us, ‘carpets are the country's third largest export after dried fruit and karakul, the lambskin used to make hats such as the one commonly worn by President Hamed Karzai.’
- One day, Karzai wore the grey karakul hat from the north, the next day the black and white silk turban from his Pathan homeland in the south.
- These programmes are intended to boost the knowledge of communal farmers and increase the quality and quantity of karakul production.