- A form of entertainment, offered typically by bars and clubs, in which people take turns singing popular songs into a microphone over prerecorded backing tracks.More example sentences
- I sang some new karaoke songs without anyone pressing the cancel button and we drank more.
- That's because people are singing it in karaoke bars and things like that.
- MEN are more romantic than women when it comes to singing love songs on karaoke nights.
1970s: from Japanese, literally 'empty orchestra'.
More definitions of karaokeDefinition of karaoke in:
- The British & World English dictionary