(chiefly British also carat)
- A measure of the purity of gold, pure gold being 24 karats: an ounce of 24-karat goldMore example sentences
- Ninety percent of the store's offerings are gilded in 22 to 23 karats or 12 - karat white gold, according to Carroll.
- As for the vital stats of the bauble, it is bejewelled with 8,000 diamonds weighing 200 karats, set in over a kilo of 18 - karat pink gold.
- Ornate gold necklaces, heavily engraved gold bangles and gold sovereigns - eight grams of pure 22 - karat gold - dance across the television screen.
More definitions of karatDefinition of karat in:
- The British & World English dictionary