Definition of karma in English:
1(In Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
- They accept the religion's basic concepts of dharma, samsara, karma, and ahimsa.
- Three important concepts within Hinduism are dharma, karma, and reincarnation.
- In other words, he was preaching karma, samsara and moksha.
1.1 informal Destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.
- I'm convinced now that the universe is out to get me, that somewhere karma, fate and destiny are somewhere playing cards while they laugh at my expense.
- To those who understand the effects that karma has on our lives it may also be a teacher, with a lesson plan on patience, confidence, self-reliance, restraint, and power.
- Many spiritual paths have teachings regarding the free will of others and the effects of karma.
From Sanskrit karman 'action, effect, fate'.
Words that rhyme with karmaamah, armour (US armor), Atacama, Brahma, Bramah, charmer, cyclorama, dharma, diorama, disarmer, drama, embalmer, farmer, Kama, lama, llama, Matsuyama, panorama, Parma, pranayama, Rama, Samar, Surinamer, Vasco da Gama, Yama, Yokohama
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.