(also Karnaugh diagram)
nounMathematics & Electronics
A diagram consisting of a rectangular array of squares, each representing a different combination of the variables of a Boolean function.
- For example, packages for bar charts, UML notation and even Karnaugh maps can be downloaded.
- Figure 3 presents completed Karnaugh maps of positive mother-child interactions for one average and one referred family.
- However, the Karnaugh map is faster and easier, especially if there are many logic reductions to do.
Karnaugh mapping noun
- Example sentences
- Utilize the Karnaugh mapping procedure to systematically reduce complex Boolean equations to their simplest form.
- The first procedure uses a Karnaugh mapping technique and is a very powerful pictorial method for hand-processing designs involving up to six variables.
- A complete chapter is devoted to Karnaugh mapping to help students cope with the greater complexity of modern digital circuit devices.
1950s: named after US physicist Maurice Karnaugh (1924–).
Definition of Karnaugh map in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.