Definition of karri in English:
noun (plural karris)
A tall Australian eucalyptus with hard red wood.
- Eucalyptus diversicolor, family Myrtaceae
- Just before the town of Pemberton, you'll see signs for Warren National Park and the Bicentennial Tree, one of the tallest karris in the area.
- Busselton had become a thriving port for shipments of jarrah, karri and tuart timber from the local forests.
- When I arrived back, still giddy from time spent in the presence of the karris, I found a rain-soaked letter under the door.
late 19th century: from Nyungar.
Definition of karri in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India