- Division of a cell nucleus during mitosis.More example sentences
- This analysis showed that rhb1 - D121A mutants arrested as small, round cells without detectable defects in karyokinesis or cytokinesis.
- Note that macronuclear karyokinesis and cytokinesis has initiated in rad 51 nulls despite the failure to complete micronuclear mitosis.
- Additionally, cytokinesis blocked cells are thought to be prone to polyploidization if the gap between the daughter nuclei is very small, resulting in incomplete or absent karyokinesis.
late 19th century: from karyo- 'cell nucleus' + Greek kinēsis 'movement' (from kinein 'to move').
More definitions of karyokinesisDefinition of karyokinesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary