1A system of individual training exercises for practitioners of karate and other martial arts.
- Meanwhile, they are learning basic karate fundamentals and kata which improves posture and breath control.
- In addition to matches, this system of sport aikido includes kata competition.
- The key to understanding karate is kata, and key to understanding kata is bunkai.
1.1 (plural same or katas) An individual training exercise in karate and other matial arts.
- We use most of the traditional kata that span all the Japanese karate systems.
- The number of kata, many of which have several personal variations, is quite large.
- The Kodokan preserved the techniques of this kata from early jujutsu training methods.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.