noun (plural same)
A native or inhabitant of Shaba (before 1972 called Katanga).
- The Katangese were thus restricted to exercising a variant of self-determination and no issue arose under the African Charter.
- After hours of deliberation - and torture - the Katangese decided to execute the three prisoners the same night.
- Eleven days after the Congolese declaration of independence, the Katangese declared their own secession from the Congo, and their independence endured for 3 years.
Relating to the Katangese.
- A flag used by a Katangese military unit has red saltires, with arms of equal length and width and rounded ends.
- One might also wonder how it was possible that - with some exceptions - transports from the Katangese mines to Iran could have passed unnoticed.
- In pursuance of this, a firm request would be made by me to all Member Governments to apply such a ban especially to Katangese copper and cobalt.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Katangese in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.