Definition of katsura in English:
An ornamental eastern Asian tree that has leaves that resemble those of the Judas tree and light, fine-grained timber.
- Cercidiphyllum japonicum, the only member of the family Cercidiphyllaceae
- At the rear of the property, a pond is formed by raised beds filled with white azaleas, a katsura tree, rhododendrons, a tree fern, a tall viburnum, and other shade-loving plants.
- For the blocks only wood from cherry, magnolia and katsura trees is used.
- At the northwest side of the Japanese garden is an immense katsura tree covered with heart-shaped leaves.
early 20th century: from Japanese.
Definition of katsura in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan