Boxing , informal
Definition of kayo in English:
noun (plural kayos)
- Bernard's thirty-one kayos in forty-four fights will attest to his success in using this theory.
- In 1959 he scored four straight kayos two of which were over rugged Joe Shaw and talented Al Andrews.
- Following his disastrous kayo losses to Cassius Clay, Sonny was written off by the experts.
verb (kayoes, kayoing, kayoed)[with object] Back to top
Knock (someone) out.
- It was great you called him ignorant because he was trying to make you look bad on national TV and you kayoed him.
- One month before Ellis defeated Quarry, Joe Frazier kayoed his amateur nemesis Buster Mathis in eleven rounds.
- Would he have kayoed Williams had he not hurt his knee?
1920s: representing the pronunciation of KO.
Words that rhyme with kayoaglow, ago, alow, although, apropos, art nouveau, Bamako, Bardot, beau, Beaujolais Nouveau, below, bestow, blow, bo, Boileau, bons mots, Bordeaux, Bow, bravo, bro, cachepot, cheerio, Coe, crow, Defoe, de trop, doe, doh, dos-à-dos, do-si-do, dough, dzo, Flo, floe, flow, foe, foreknow, foreshow, forgo, Foucault, froe, glow, go, good-oh, go-slow, grow, gung-ho, Heathrow, heave-ho, heigh-ho, hello, ho, hoe, ho-ho, jo, Joe, know, lo, low, maillot, malapropos, Marceau, mho, Miró, mo, Mohs, Monroe, mot, mow, Munro, no, Noh, no-show, oh, oho, outgo, outgrow, owe, Perrault, pho, po, Poe, pro, quid pro quo, reshow, righto, roe, Rouault, row, Rowe, sew, shew, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, soh, sow, status quo, stow, Stowe, strow, tally-ho, though, throw, tic-tac-toe, to-and-fro, toe, touch-and-go, tow, trow, undergo, undersow, voe, whacko, whoa, wo, woe, Xuzhou, yo, yo-ho-ho, Zhengzhou, Zhou
Definition of kayo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.