noun (plural same)
- (In Japan) a conglomeration of businesses linked together by cross-shareholdings to form a robust corporate structure.More example sentences
- He said Singapore banks should avoid the problem now posed by Japan's keiretsu system, which links a group of companies with a main bank.
- Once bitter rivals, they were effectively forced together as the unwinding of Japan's keiretsu led to increased rivalry at home.
- Until the mid-1990s about half of equities in Japan were held by banks, a legacy of the keiretsu cross-shareholding networks.
Japanese, from kei 'systems' + retsu 'tier'.
More definitions of keiretsuDefinition of keiretsu in:
- The British & World English dictionary