- 1A brightly colored, banded material made in Ghana.More example sentences
- The men wear hand woven kente cloths draped over the left shoulder, with a ready-made short sleeved shirt underneath.
- Artists and objects travel between worlds, travel whose earliest documentation may be found in the affinities between African American quilting traditions and west African strip-woven cloth such as kente.
- For the Asante, the people most closely associated with kente, the cloth shifts from being a marker of class and regional origins to serving as ritual costume, nationalist statement, and marketing device.
- 1.1A long garment made from kente, worn loosely around the shoulders and waist.More example sentences
- Nigerians wear the boubou, Ghanaians the kente, former president Mobutu Sese Seko of the former Zaire made the safari suit his own.
mid 20th century: from Twi, 'cloth'.
More definitions of kenteDefinition of kente in:
- The British & World English dictionary