An Australasian palm tree that is popular as a houseplant while it is young.
- Howeia (or Howea) forsteriana (formerly Kentia forsteriana), family Palmae
More example sentences
- Also worth a try are Howea forsteriana, the quick-growing kentia or paradise palm, and the Lacy tree philodendron, P. selloum, which has ruffled-edged leaves on two foot long arching stalks.
- When you're swinging from a hammock and grilling shrimp on a private deck tucked into a forest of banyan trees and kentia palms, it's hard to imagine life beyond Lord Howe Island.
- So it was inevitable that when Greg and wife Maria moved to coastal Southern California - where the climate is mild enough for kentia palms and plumerias - he seized the opportunity to create his own backyard resort.
late 19th century: modern Latin, named after William Kent (died 1828), botanical collector.
Definition of kentia palm in:
- The British & World English dictionary